In this episode, we roll out the cutest intro on the face of the planet, and throw in our to-do/wish list for the next 12 months to boot. Want to see what crazy people think they’ll get done in one short year? Pull up a chair and come listen.
Potager garden– a french concept (of course. If it’s fancy, it must be French) where the humble vegetable garden is elevated to a thing of beauty.
Don’t have a first aid kit like ours! The American Red Cross suggests putting these things in a well-stocked kit.
Growing potatoes in boxes? Heck yeah!
Potager updates at the homestead? Glad you asked.
American Meadows- the best wildflower seed we’ve ever seen. Forget that junk you get at Lowe’s or Home Depot or wherever. This stuff is amazing.
If you’re following along at home, here is our ridiculous to-do/wishlist for the next 12 months:
- Potager Garden fenced in, which includes:
- 19 more raised beds built
- Put plants/seeds in the garden
- Meat Chickens, including:
- Build a tractor for the Cornish X chickens
- raise the things for 8 weeks
- have a festive “slaughtering day” party and invite friends over to help- free food and booze!
- Forest Trail, in two parts:
- build bridge over the creek
- build trails up to marshy/bog area
- Wildflower meadows
- Get Suzie the Goat bred
- figure out what we’re going to do with Suzie’s possible future male offspring
- Sell Surplus Eggs
- Have pig enclosure built
- Hop Garden/Vineyard/orchard planted
Don’t forget our giveaway. Details are here.
Can’t get enough of Ghost Fawn Homestead? Come talk to us!
On the Farm’s Website